Radical Remission Health Coach & Workshop Teacher Training
Are you interested in coaching and teaching others how to lay the groundwork for Radical Remission from a serious cancer diagnosis or life threatening illness?
My name is Kelly A. Turner, PhD. I am a researcher, writer, and psychotherapist who specializes in integrative oncology. For the past 15 years, I have shared my discoveries about the 10 healing factors common among Radical Remission survivors with workshop participants and coaching clients from around the world. Now, you can learn how to coach your own clients one-on-one and lead your own Radical Remission workshops on the 10 Radical Remission healing factors.
Our inaugural Teacher Training took place at the Omega Institute in New York in October 2017, certifying teachers from around the globe. That was followed by a second in-person training in New York in September 2019.
This year, the Radical Remission team is excited to offer a virtual Radical Remission “Health Coach & Workshop Teacher Training” from September 24 – November 18, 2022.
At the training, you will gather the knowledge and skills needed to successfully coach people one-on-one through the 10 Radical Remission healing factors and to lead an experiential workshop that helps people:
- Take charge of their healing process
- Boost their immune system through diet, supplements, and exercise
- Incorporate a daily spiritual connection practice
- Increase their sense of purpose, reasons for living, and social support
- Manage and release suppressed emotions, as well as increase positive emotions
You will leave with the readiness and tools necessary to coach people one-on-one and lead Radical Remission workshops in your own community.
The Radical Remission “Health Coach & Workshop Teacher Training” includes:
- 8 weeks of pre-recorded video content taught by Certified Radical Remission Instructors, released via email every Saturday starting September 24th
- 8 weekly online quizzes emailed to you every Wednesday starting September 28th, plus 1 online final exam emailed to you on Friday, November 18th. (Note: You can re-take the quizzes and final exam as many times as needed in order for you to pass each one).
- 8 weekly, 2-hour, live, Q&A Zoom sessions led by Certified Radical Remission Instructors every Friday at varying times to accommodate various time zones. The final session on Friday, November 18th will be led by Dr. Kelly A. Turner. (Note: If you cannot attend the Friday sessions live, you will be able to watch the recordings at any time that works for you. Recordings of the Q&A sessions will be posted weekly at the conclusion of each live Q&A).
- A complete Coaching & Teaching Manual provided as a .pdf at the start of the training
- Pending sufficient demand, CEU’s through ICF and NBCHWC, available for an additional fee
After successfully completing the training you will receive:
- A lifelong professional certification as a “Radical Remission Health Coach & Workshop Instructor,” subject to continuing education requirements
- A complete set of PowerPoint slides, including presenter notes, for use at your Radical Remission workshops
- Your professional bio posted on the Radical Remission website, as well as details about your upcoming workshops
- Access to Radical Remission Workshop marketing materials and sample letters to potential workshop venues
- Periodically updated slides and materials
“I see people arrive at a workshop worried for themselves or someone they love. At the end, I watch them leave with hope, a stronger sense of community, new friends and a game plan that they can use right away to strengthen their mind, body and spirit.”
“The training has opened up doors for me that might not have been possible otherwise. I am very grateful for Dr. Turner’s research and it is an honor to share her work as we help to improve the lives of those we teach.”
“If you had asked me 2 years ago if I had the confidence to do this, I would have said, ‘No way!’ The Radical Remission Project and fellow teachers have given me the inspiration, the resources, the guidance, and incredible love and support to go for it! Since the training in NY, I have facilitated many community talks, and have run numerous workshops in my local community.”
“Taking the Inaugural Radical Remission Teacher Training certification class at the Omega Institute was such a profound experience for me on so many levels! We were taught all the materials we needed to move forward successfully as instructors, and by coming together with like-minded people from across the world, we are now a sacred support system for one another, personally and professionally.”
Fall 2022 Radical Remission “Health Coach & Workshop Teacher Training”
Dates: Sept 24 – Nov 18, 2022
Course Tuition: USD $1995
(Earlybird Discount: USD $1795 if you register by August 15, 2022)
Note: Space in this training is limited, so early registration is recommended. Applications will be considered in the order in which they are received. A limited number of scholarships will be available. The scholarship application process opens July 15, 2022 here and will close on July 22, 2022, so please plan accordingly.
In order to be accepted into the “Radical Remission Health Coach & Workshop Teacher Training,” you must be proficient in English (especially reading and listening) and then:
- Read the books ‘Radical Hope‘ and ‘Radical Remission’ by Kelly A. Turner, PhD, available wherever books and e-books are sold, or at your local library.
- Take either an in-person or livestream Radical Remission workshop (preferred) or our self-paced RR online course. This is the workshop you will be trained to teach, so it is imperative that you experience it first-hand as a participant.
- Show us that you are already a licensed psychotherapist, psychologist, doctor, nurse, social worker, mental health counselor, or certified coach (from a program accredited either by NBHWC or ICF) by uploading a .pdf or .jpg of your diploma, transcript, or certificate of completion during our registration process. Please note: The Radical Remission “Health Coach & Workshop Teacher Training” is meant to provide an add-on curriculum that complements a person’s existing counseling or coaching practice. If you are not one of the professionals listed above, but believe you have adequate mental health counseling experience (e.g., a pastor with 20 years of experience), please email us here first before submitting your application. Alternatively, if you can show us that you have been accepted into a separate coaching or counseling program, we can enroll you in this Fall’s training. However, we won’t be able to provide you with your Radical Remission certificate until you show us that you’ve successfully completed your separate coaching or counseling program. You may enroll in any coaching/counseling program that is accredited either by NBHWC or ICF, but if you need a suggestion, we can highly recommend the Wisdom of the Whole Coaching program, since Dr. Turner knows that program’s curriculum and its founder well.
If you have met all of the pre-requisites listed above and are ready to sign our Licensing Agreement, agree to our Cancellation Policy, and make your payment (either in full or in installments), then we eagerly invite you to:
“I was so blessed to be a part of the first Radical Remission Teacher Training. Being with other teachers in the training has helped in so many ways – the new connections have helped in ways that are too numerous to mention!”
“The Radical Remission Teacher Training gave me a greater insight into the work and research Dr. Turner has done. It also has given me a career path which I am passionate about. Every day I feel gratitude that I am able to facilitate these workshops and share the research with my community.”
“The Radical Remission teacher training that Dr. Kelly Turner offered at Omega Institute was an awesome experience! She is an exceptionally knowledgeable and patient teacher, the material was very clear and well-organized, and – best of all – everyone in our cohort has transformed into supportive colleagues and close friends!”
“When I read the table of contents of the book “Radical Remission,” I knew my life had just changed. This was the path I had been seeking to share about the power of lifestyle changes. In partnership with another Certified Radical Remission Workshop Instructor & Health Coach, we have reached so many amazing people with this information and see it working wonders in our clients’ and students’ quality of life and longevity.”
Meet Your Instructors
Kelly A. Turner, PhD is the New York Times bestselling author of Radical Remission and Radical Hope, now in 22 languages, which summarize her research into radical remissions – when someone heals from cancer or another serious illness in a statistically unlikely way, such as without conventional medicine or after conventional medicine has failed. Over the past fifteen years, she has conducted research in 10 different countries and analyzed over 1,500 cases of radical remission. She is a frequent guest on national TV & news shows and holds a B.A. from Harvard University and a Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley. She was the director of the 10-episode “Radical Remission Docuseries” and is the founder of the Radical Remission Project website, which continues to collect new cases of Radical Remission.
John Henry is a lifelong educator and currently develops and leads training programs in his role as a STEAM, (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) and Sustainable Schools Specialist at the New Jersey School Boards Association. John completed the Radical Remission Workshop Teacher Training at Omega Institute. He is a Certified Radical Remission™ Workshop Facilitator and Speaker, as well as a leukemia survivor & thriver. In addition to serving the adult community, with his background in K-12 education, John has set an intention to bring the Radical Remission Project™ to schools so children can learn about radical health and wellness.
Dr. Zahra Gharaei completed her Ph.D. in Oncology from the University of Sheffield in 2016. Her research ignited her interest in cancer patient well-being through integrative approaches, which led her to obtain a certification in Nutrition for Cancer Prevention & Longevity from The Health Sciences Academy. Zahra is also an ICF-trained coach and combined with her background and knowledge, she aims to empower cancer patients in their journey. She became a Certified Radical Remission Workshop Instructor in 2019.
Mana Washio is very excited to be part of the Radical Remission team. She was certified as a Radical Remission Workshop Facilitator in 2019 and certified as a Radical Remission Health Coach in January 2020. Mana is also certified as an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and a Reiki Practitioner / Master Teacher.
Mana went through her own journey of surviving cervical cancer in 2009: due to the strain of virus she carried, Mana had been told by her doctor that she was in the highest risk group. She decided to incorporate major diet and lifestyle changes, and took many steps to improve her mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. Although her doctor was quite certain that the cancer would return, there has been no reoccurrence, and at present, no HPV virus has been detected in her body.
Because of her own experience, Mana wants to spread Dr. Turner’s research to many people in the world. Her future goals include giving Radical Remission workshops / coaching opportunities to the Japanese-speaking population.
Mich Schreiber L.Ac, MSOM (pronouns they/theirs) lives in Austin, TX, USA, and has been practicing in the complementary health care field since 1997. Mich is proud and honored to be a member of the Radical Remission team of certified workshop instructors. They are a Licensed Acupuncturist and the founder and director of the Cancer Wellness Center in Austin. Mich has advanced training, certification, and practice in integrative oncology. Their heart passion is in working with cancer patients and survivors, helping each person navigate their own healing experience.
Mich is a TCM doctoral candidate at the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine with a focus on Integrative Medicine and received a Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine from the AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine in 2003. They are also certified in holistic nutrition, several styles of massage and bodywork, meditation instruction, and reiki. Professional memberships include the Society of Integrative Oncology and The Texas Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. In other realms of life, Mich can be found spending time with family, exercising body and mind, cooking, volunteering, and playing drums.
Karla Mans Giroux is a cancer thriver living with metastatic breast cancer (MBC). Karla was originally diagnosed with breast cancer in 2003 and underwent a bi-lateral mastectomy, chemo, and radiation. Eleven years later, in late 2014, she received a devastating metastatic cancer diagnosis. With a goal to live to be 100+ this did not align, and so she decided to do all she could to manage this challenge.
Karla embarked on a holistic healing journey to help herself regain optimal health and longevity. She is blessed to report stable scans / “no evidence of disease” since 2016!
Karla became passionate about sharing what she learned so that everyone has a better chance of overcoming the odds. She received her training as a holistic health coach through Wisdom of the Whole Coaching Academy and is certified through the National Board of Health & Wellness Coaches (NBHWC). She is also a Certified Radical Remission™ Workshop Instructor & Health Coach, and an inspirational speaker.
Karla is passionate about inspiring and teaching those on a cancer journey, as well as those seeking prevention, general health, and longevity. Learning to use the mind and spirit to heal the body is a continuing source of learning, and something that Karla shares with clients.
Cindy Handler is a family therapist, coach, counselor, & workshop leader. She’s had the great pleasure of working within private, residential, educational, & corporate settings as her 25-year career has evolved and expanded.
As Regional Network Director for Six Seconds Global Emotional Intelligence Network, Cindy taught clients to cultivate their EQ to improve their relationships and discover their purpose. In large and small workshops, Cindy trains groups in SEL, facilitates creative expression circles, and hosts integrative parenting classes.
In her private practice, Cindy supports people & families wanting to transform their lives after life altering events or diagnoses.
After receiving a brain tumor diagnosis in 2015, Cindy began practicing all 10 Factors in Dr. Kelly Turner’s books ‘Radical Hope’ and ‘Radical Remission’. Cindy completed the Radical Remission course in 2016 and in 2017 went on to train with Dr. Turner to become a RR Workshop Facilitator. Today, Cindy is a Radical Remission survivor and Certified Radical Remission Workshop Instructor & Health Coach, specializing in holistic nutrition, cultivating intuition, somatic awareness, and integrative oncology.
FAQs about the Health Coach & Workshop Teacher Training
Who is the Radical Remission "Health Coach & Workshop Teacher Training" for?
The Radical Remission “Health Coach & Workshop Teacher Training” is appropriate for current counselors, coaches, and other qualified mental health professionals who are looking to add the Radical Remission curriculum to their existing counseling/coaching practices and who are looking to lead others through a wellness workshop that is both educational and emotional.
Why is this year's training virtual?
We are so excited to offer our first-ever virtual “Health Coach & Workshop Teacher Training” because
1) It will significantly reduce the cost for participants because they will not have to pay for airfare, room, or board.
2) It allows us to efficiently train participants from all over the world.
3) Because the training is spread out over 8 weeks instead of 5 days, there will be more time for participants to integrate the curriculum of each module and to practice their newly acquired coaching skills.
What pre-requisites are required for the training?
What is your cancellation policy?
If you cancel your registration:
- 30+ days prior to Training: you may request a full refund of paid tuition, less $500
- 15-30 days prior to Training: you may request a 50% refund of paid tuition
- 0-14 days prior to Training: No refund is available. For an additional $350 admin fee, you may transfer the tuition you have already paid to a future training (credit must be used within 2 years from the date of cancellation). After the Training begins, no refund is available and any remaining funds will be forfeited.
- Requests for cancellation must be submitted in writing via email to [email protected]
Are there scholarships available for the teacher training?
A limited number of scholarships are available here. Scholarship applications will become available July 15, 2022 and we will stop accepting scholarship applications on July 22, 2022, so please plan accordingly. If you miss the application window and still require a scholarship, we suggest that you wait until our next training in 2023.
When will your next training be?
If you cannot make it to our Fall 2022 training or have not yet met all the pre-requisites, we plan on offering a similar virtual training in 2023.
Once I've completed the training, will the Radical Remission project help me find coaching clients or market my workshops?
No, Certified Radical Remission Health Coaches & Workshop Teachers are responsible for all of their own marketing. This training is intended for professionals who have an existing clientele or private practice.
The Radical Remission Project currently maintains a list of certified coaches and teachers – including their bios, contact email, and any upcoming workshops – on its website. In addition, anyone who contacts us looking for a Coach/Teacher in a particular region is directed to that list. Any additional marketing must be done solely by each Coach/Teacher.
Once I am certified, are there any restrictions on the fees I may charge for my workshops?
This is explained in the Licensing Agreement, but we suggest that you charge your participants between $100 and $350 USD (for tuition, not room & board) per workshop that you offer, set at your discretion. The maximum fee you may charge each participant is $600 USD per workshop. For coaching, we suggest you charge your clients between $95 and $250 USD per hour of coaching. The maximum fee you may charge per hour of coaching is $400 USD. Note: These maximum fees are subject to change (e.g., for inflation, etc.).
Am I covered under liability insurance from the Radical Remission project when I conduct my workshops?
No, the Radical Remission Project assumes no liability and strongly recommends that all of our Coaches/Teachers obtain liability insurance whenever they are offering a workshop. We do require that your workshop participants sign a Waiver of Liability, which we will provide for you to use.
Where can I read a copy of the teacher/coach licensing agreement?
A copy of the licensing agreement may be viewed here. This document explains the details of your license of the Intellectual Property of the Radical Remission Project. This Agreement must be signed as part of your application to the training.