Birth Year 1959
Gender Female
Country United States
Please summarize your healing story in 100 words or less I had a rare and aggressive cancer, Parotid Gland cancer, squamous cell carcinoma. This cancer came back three times, and I ended up in ICU on a ventilator. The oncologist who was brought in to help me literally wanted to cut the side of my face off. My faith, becoming my own advocate and tons of research told me there was a better way and I found it. I practiced all 9 modalities in Radical Remissions even though I had not read the book plus used Radiation Therapy, hypothermia and oxygen therapy to rid my body of cancer.

Health Challenge

What is/was your primary health challenge?


Type of cancer

Head & Neck

Can you be more specific?

Parotid Gland Cancer - Squamous Cell Carcinoma

Highest stage of cancer

Don't know

Year diagnosed


Current health status

No evidence of disease

Year you healed or became stable


Type of Healing

I used conventional and non-conventional treatments at the same time to overcome my challenge.

How was your health challenge diagnosed?

Biopsy or Pathology Report


Check any conventional treatments you've tried for your health challenge:

Surgery, Radiation

Check any of the 9 Radical Remission factors you've tried:

Diet Change, Herbs & Supplements, Increasing Positive Emotions, Releasing Suppressed Emotions, Following Your Intuition, Deepening Your Spiritual Connection, Increasing Social Support, Finding Strong Reasons for Living, Taking Control of Your Health

Check any other alternative treatments you've tried:

Energy Healing (e.g., acupuncture, reiki, kinesiology, etc), Exercise, Hyperthermia, Massage, Psychotherapy, Sleep (getting more of it)


Briefly describe your diagnosis method and conventional treatments, including their timing. Did they help at all?

In the fall of 2013, I was diagnosed with Parotid Gland Cancer Squamous Cell Carcinoma. I had a small one-inch tumor near my ear that never bothered me. My daughter noticed it one day and asked me to see a doctor. I saw an ENT doctor and he said he was certain it was benign however we should do a fine needle biopsy. We did the biopsy and he told me the tumor was benign. I did not read my pathology report. Several months later the tumor had doubled in size and became painful. I asked this doctor to remove the tumor. Three days after surgery he called to tell me the tumor was cancer. He told me that I needed to see a radiation oncologist however to wait for a couple of month for my face to heal. In a couple of months, the tumor was back.

The spring of 2014 I saw several oncologists all over the country including MD Anderson. The majority of the oncologist recommended surgery and radiation. I had watched radiation and chemo kill so many people I loved, including my brother, and I was very leery of radiation. I ended up going to UCHealth in Denver where I lived and had the second tumor removed May 2014. The surgical oncologist told me I had to have radiation. The radiation oncologist at UC Health recommended 37 radiation treatments and was preparing me to accept that I may be on a feeding tube and would need to work with a speech pathologist. I hated going to radiation therapy and would be in tears every time I had to get on the table for my treatment. After only four treatments I woke up on the fifth day unable to lift my head off the pillow due to the headache I had plus I had already lost four pounds. I continued for another four treatments and then stopped treatments because I knew I was being over radiated. At this time I was working in a very low-stress sales job, not my normal job, and doing hot yoga plus I was meditating and eating a keto diet. There was no sign of a tumor.

In November if that same year, 2014 I took a very high-stress job running a tech support organization for a start-up firm. By February of 2015, the original tumor had come back as did an additional tumor along my jawline. At this point, I had been researching supplementation plus diet and did not believe in traditional treatments like radiation therapy, chemo or surgery. I was getting Vitam C IVs and also doing some ozone therapy with a natural path. I was also working with an energy healer doing Reiki and also using the Rife machine three times a week plus essential oils and I was talking cannabis. However, I kept up my stressful work and life. The tumors got bigger and came to the outside of my face. I hide them with my hair. As they grew bigger they started to bleed and every day I was becoming weaker and weaker. I continued to work and was not eating or sleeping well.

The beginning of October 2015 I was tired, weak and depressed but continued working or trying to work. I had given up hope and was ready to give up. What I did not know was that I was anemic and that brought on the depression. October 14, 2015, I got up early to get ready for work. I touched one of the tumors and it began to bleed and would not stop. I woke up my daughter and told her we needed to go to the emergency room. The ER doctor could not get the bleeding to stop if we were not applying tremendous pressure to the tumor which was very painful. I called a friend who was a surgical oncologist who just moved here from the East Coast. She could not get the bleeding to stop and at one point told me she was afraid I was going to bleed out. She said she needed to get me to another hospital which was fairly new where they did an embolization surgery. This involved going through the groin and putting the matter into the blood vessels leading to the face to stop the flow of blood. She wrapped me up very tightly and I was transported to the hospital where I was given several blood transfusions and put on a ventilator to prepare me for surgery. During the time I was wrapped up tightly, my blood pressure rose to that point where I was told later that I almost had a stroke.

After surgery, I woke up in ICU on a ventilator. The surgical oncologist had saved my life. However, there were still the tumors to deal with. After I got stronger the surgical oncologist came to see me and said we would need to get me as strong as possible but we only had a short time. She said she was going to perform a 15-hour surgery to remove the tumors, one was the size of a tangerine the other was the size of a grapefruit. She was also going to remove my check and jaw bone and go into my throat and told me I would probably be on a feeding tube for the rest of my life. She also said I would have 5-7 additional surgeries for reconstruction and I would have to have radiation therapy as well. She did her best to put a lot of fear into me. However, by this time my faith and spiritual connection had kicked in and I knew there was a better way. I went to a very popular cancer treatment center outside of Chicago for another opinion however did not feel comfortable with their recommendations either.

Please tell us your healing story in as much detail as you would like:

In December of 2015, my energy healer saw a radiation oncologist on a morning talk show. He had pulled out of the hospitals and had radiation treatment and surgical centers. He was doing Brachytherapy and was the only oncologist in the state of Colorado and one of the only ones in the country at that time performing brachytherapy. The tumors had started bleeding again and I knew I needed to find a solution.

Began External Radiation Mid December 2015 - 37 treatments

Keto Diet - Kept Net Carbs at 12Grams

Took a natural supplement to pull excess radiation out of my body

Meditated Every day

Worked with Energy Healer Three times a week - Reiki and Rife Machine plus emotional work

Find many reasons for living - My kids and grandkids

Found my way back to a spiritual practice

Took cannabis (THC and CBD) Zeolite, Vitamin C, Fish Oil

Felt Empowered to make all decisions related to my health

Continued to Trust my intuition

Did Brachytherapy March 2016

Started Oxygen Therapy May 2016

Started Practicing Hot Vinyasa Yoga October 2016

July 2019 Remain cancer free helping others.

Editor's Note: As of May 2022, Terriren is thriving post-diagnosis. Her update:

I remain in fabulous health.  No recurrence or adverse effects in any way. From a healing standpoint, I have incorporated more advanced meditations and working with a Pranic Healer and group. This is helping me connect with The Divine and feel connected to all, we are all one. I started a movement, terrisflowers, terrisflowers.com/ In 2017.  I have handed out over 300 flower bouquets to demonstrate the importance of connection for our overall health and longevity.  Social integration is the number one predictor of longevity and I have gathered some incredible stories from handing flowers to a random stranger. I am working on making this a nonprofit and continuing the movement in a bigger way as we come out of COVID-19. I continue to help as many individuals with cancer as I can!

UPDATE: As of October 2020, Terriren is thriving post-diagnosis.

Do you have any thoughts about what may have caused your health challenge in particular, or what causes it in general?


Grief - Lost mom and brother within 5 weeks apart three years before diagnosis

Living In Fear

Poor diet

Not enough exercise

Not Meditating

Not having a spiritual connection


Your Website


We reserve the right to remove inappropriate comments. If you believe a comment on this profile, or the profile itself, is inappropriate, please send an email to [email protected], and we will look into it.